Autumn in Delhi sneaks in all of a sudden. One day, you’re grumbling about how hot and humid it still is, and the very next morning, you realize you have to lower the fan speed because it feels too chilly.
The foliage in Delhi isn’t particularly prone to turning the beautiful shades of red and gold which are usually associated with autumn, because the trees here are more of the evergreen variety. Nonetheless, a lot of trees shed off their leaves and become skeletal versions of themselves while a walk down the road becomes a lot noisier given the scattered leaves crunching under everyone’s feet.
Autumn is a relatively short period of time in Delhi, and before you know it, it will be winter. And every time it’s autumn, I end up thinking…where has this year flown?! It can’t possibly be the last quarter of the year already!
But it is. Another year almost drawing to a close. So much to look back upon.
Does time go by faster as you grow older? A year seemed so much longer when I was a kid. Or maybe now I just have to think about the future much more than when school made up most of my immediate future. Whatever the case, I wonder whether the incessant thinking and planning about coming days ended up pulling my mind into what will be, than keeping it in what currently is.
Autumn makes me ameliorative and contemplative. And a tiny bit more poetic I think.
I have almost 3 posts in the drafting stage right now. And nothing posted since such a long time. Whaaaa?
So, till then…I leave you with a few gems from my favourit-est Calvin and Hobbes (so that it seems like I haven’t forgotten my dear blog).
I love them forever <3
You do understand that, right?
I know I’ve been sort of M.I.A. for quite some time. Well, the reasons are, firstly, the one stated above. After quite a few entrance tests and interviews and group discussions, I finally got free, with nothing more to do than just while away my time. The second reason was, as I said, all these entrances.
But I really shouldn’t ignore my dear little blog like this; how utterly disgraceful. So here I am, rambling away once again.
Unfortunately, I don’t have too much to ramble about right now. Except for the fact that I have been obsessively hounding craft sites and drooling over a lot of creations. And ooh! I made something I love, so I’ll show you that soon enough. And I’ve fallen in love with card making again (next post?). So I’ve been productive, okay? I’ve religiously followed every episode of ‘Exxtreme Makeover : Home Edition’, ‘Masterchef Australia’, ‘How It’s Made’, ‘Food Detectives’ and ‘Mega Factories’. It’s been a busy few days I can tell you that!
Well, now that I’ve broken the dry spell with a post, I’m hoping the blogging will resume wonderfully again. So, until next time, chao!
Just generally. Nothing specific.
Am I the only one who tears up during the last scene of the LOTR : Return of The King? I think it’s because of all the goodbyes which have to be said.
I didn’t cry much during the last scene of HP 7 : Part 2 though. I was more preoccupied in getting revolted by the weird ways in which Harry and Ron had supposedly aged. But LOTR last movie, last scene…a lot of bittersweet tears. But, as Gandalf says; “I will not say ‘do not weep’. For not all tears are an evil”.
I think if my kids don’t love fantasy stories as much as me, I’ll just have to disinherit them.
Oh my. Two awards in two days. After being given the 7X7 Link Award on 13th January (Friday the 13th is so not unlucky), I was given the Candle Lighter Award the next day. Woohoo!
A huge thank you to Steph from ‘Certainly not lost down under‘. A beautiful blog which explores some wonderful poems. She describes the Candle Lighter Award as “an award for a blog or post that is positive and brings light into the world.”. Do I really need to say how humbled I am that she thinks me worthy of this? I’ll say it all the same. Thank you Steph…this encourages me to continue being myself and hopefully making others chuckle with me.
The Rules are very simple. You can either accept or decline the award. If you accept, you can post the picture and then if you think there are some other blogs which bring brightness and light, pass on the award to them!
Now, the tough part. Blogs which light up my day…
She’s a Maineiac : Hilarious. Always
Mod Podge Rocks : Craft-lover’s heaven
The Bus Stop Sociologist : A lot of her posts strike a chord with me
And I’ll keep adding as I remember a few more :)
Oh my gawd!! I got an award!
This being my first blog award ever, I cannot express how happy I am! Thank you Ayesha from Aliza’s Window for giving me my very first blogging award! Ayesha’s blog is a wonderful read and her poetry is very intriguing. I’m so glad she thinks my writings are worth an award!
Okay now. It seems that the rules for this award are different on different blogs. so I’ve picked up the rules which I found most interesting. As I’m so very excited right now, I’m going to follow a slightly lengthy rule list. Hee.
The rules are the following :-
- Share 7 unusual things about yourself
- Nominate up to 7 posts of your’s which you feel are worthy (Most Beautiful, Most Helpful, Most Popular, Most Controversial, Most Surprisingly Successful, Most Underrated, Most Prideworthy)
- Nominate 7 bloggers for this award and inform them
Alright then. Seven unusual things about me. Tough. But here goes:-
- I like eating biscuits which have gone soft and crumbly
- I don’t like bursting balloons or even having someone burst balloons in front of me. Yes. I’m very very weird.
- I love making codes. Which I then, inevitably, forget.
- I have a habit of reading the same book multiple times if I’ve loved reading it once.
- Have a fetish for earrings, shoes and bracelets (in that order), much to the chagrin of my dad.
- If given a chance, I’d most probably be able to gather the courage to go paragliding or bungee-jumping.
- I am fascinated by twins, triplets, quadruplets etc. I love the fact that you can have another person who is so very similar to you biologically, if not psychologically.
Now I need to choose from my (self proclaimed) brilliant set of posts, 7 posts worthy of being mentioned. Alright then…
- Most Beautiful – ‘Memories‘. I’m very sad to say I’ve never really paid much attention to making my posts beautiful. But I guess the slideshow on this post has such beautiful pictures, it, for me, qualifies as the most beautiful post I’ve blogged.
- Most Helpful – ‘The Adventurous Life I Lead‘. This post qualifies as helpful because it tells you exactly what to expect if you ever try having fish. And that missing items do not always mean you have a multiple personality disorder.
- Most Popular – ‘Can You Ever Actually Move On?‘. I guess it struck a chord with many people.
- Most Controversial – ‘You Just Can’t Hate ‘Em‘. The controversial nature of this post lies in the fact that if and when my relatives ever read this, there will be some talk. For sure.
- Most Surprisingly Successful – ‘Can You Ever Actually Move On?‘. I didn’t know so many people would be able to empathize, let alone sympathize. The support I got from so many strangers reaffirmed my faith in humanity.
- Most Underrated – ‘Walking in The Rain‘. I think it’s one of the best poems I’ve ever written. Though it’s true I haven’t actually posted too many poems online.
- Most Prideworthy – ‘Where Are The Men?‘. My first post to be hosted on another site. And also, I feel like this post sounds a little more mature than I actually am, which I’m rather chuffed about.
And now, at last, my nominations! I love your blogs guys! And most probably I love you too!
I’m sorry I couldn’t nominate more people. There are just so many fabulous bloggers. Keep writing y’all.
Hallelujah. I’m done. Yay!
I’ve been feeling so agitated…I haven’t posted in SO LONG. I almost feel like removing that calendar widget on the right. It’s so. Empty *sob*
The reasons for being so lazy (or not) are the following:-
1. I went for a vacation from 16th to 21st December. Where I didn’t have any access to any sort of computer and/or internet.
2. After getting back, I was trying to get over with sorting out over 700 photographs. Didn’t work. Though I’ve reached some semblance of organization in that regard (read : Have an idea about what all pictures exist)
3. Very very soon after this, I decided to fall slightly ill (again). Bad sore throat, headache accompanied by no fever (Hallelujah!).
Today, I’m feeling a leetle better, so here I am! But ugh…I have so much to write, and very little energy to do it. I was supposed to write a post for Christmas (which I shall do, never mind the day is gone) and then of course I want to write about my trip (which was very interesting and fascinating for a history/mythology buff like me) and then I want to be able to bring this year to a semi-organized end with another post. Blogging puts things in perspective for me y’know? So I really need to get down to work.
So please don’t hate me. Many (hopefully) nice posts are in the pipeline.
And hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! Spread the love :)