- If you could look back on one memory from last year that you wish you could relive, what would it be?
This one’s tough…but I think I’d say my trip to Hyderabad for a friend’s brother’s wedding (because it was marvelous fun), AND some memorable family get-togethers
- What was one New Year’s Resolution that you accomplished
New Year’s resolutions always remind me of Calvin (from Calvin and Hobbes) as he explains how he doesn’t need resolutions because he’s already perfect. Pity I don’t think I’m as perfect as Calvin does, but I’m still not a big proponent of NY resolutions, because of their inevitably short life. Because circumstances change, and the same resolution cannot always hold true.
But, even with my ‘I-don’t-need-resolutions’ approach, I think I subconsciously resolved to stop worrying so much about what others were saying. I accomplished that…a bit.
- 3 words to describe last year?
Exciting. Changing. Steadying.
- Best music related creation/inspiration last year by an artist in your opinion?
Adele’s 25 (because however bandwagon-ish that may sound…for Adele, I don’t care) and some of the stuff on Coke Studio.
- Something you’re looking forward to this coming year?
A lot of things. Hoping for quite a lot too. Let’s not jinx anything.
- What did last year teach you?
That growing up and being independant is freeing and frightening at the same time. And that’s fine; life doesn’t progress in black and white, and is in fact mostly grey.
- What was your most worn clothing item of last year?
I think there would a list of things because once I like something, I hold onto it like Christopher Robin held onto Pooh. Same goes for clothes, so I’m sure people were forced to see some of the same stuff on me repeatedly (and they were too polite to say anything) because I was so delighted with it and loved it too much.
- If you had to sum up your year in one word, what would it be?
Hey! I’ve already used 3 words to describe the year 5 questions back, and now just ONE word? Do you not know of my rambling verbosity?
If I have to pick a word…Transformative.
- What are you hoping for more of this coming year?
More books, more meeting up with old friends, more communication, more belief in good things to come.
- What are you hoping for less of this coming year?
Less of YouTube binges (just like me to give up Facebook, but fall into the whirlpool of YouTube), less of apprehensiveness, less anxiety.
- Best book you read last year?
Tough! But I think I really enjoyed working my way through the Watchman Books from Discworld by Terry Pratchett. Also, finally read Daphne du Maurier’s Rebecca, which was pretty haunting.
- What is your New Year’s resolution for the upcoming year?
Refer to second question above.
However, I guess I continue with the wish to be more confident about myself and being so apprehensive about my instincts.
And that’s it! Tag complete. This was more fun than I expected, and required a lot more contemplation than I had anticipated.
Happy New Year everyone! Thanks for sticking around, and hope you’re having a wonderful year so far. Keep being awesome \m/