7 X 7 Link Award
This being my first blog award ever, I cannot express how happy I am! Thank you Ayesha from Aliza’s Window for giving me my very first blogging award! Ayesha’s blog is a wonderful read and her poetry is very intriguing. I’m so glad she thinks my writings are worth an award!
Okay now. It seems that the rules for this award are different on different blogs. so I’ve picked up the rules which I found most interesting. As I’m so very excited right now, I’m going to follow a slightly lengthy rule list. Hee.
The rules are the following :-
- Share 7 unusual things about yourself
- Nominate up to 7 posts of your’s which you feel are worthy (Most Beautiful, Most Helpful, Most Popular, Most Controversial, Most Surprisingly Successful, Most Underrated, Most Prideworthy)
- Nominate 7 bloggers for this award and inform them
Alright then. Seven unusual things about me. Tough. But here goes:-
- I like eating biscuits which have gone soft and crumbly
- I don’t like bursting balloons or even having someone burst balloons in front of me. Yes. I’m very very weird.
- I love making codes. Which I then, inevitably, forget.
- I have a habit of reading the same book multiple times if I’ve loved reading it once.
- Have a fetish for earrings, shoes and bracelets (in that order), much to the chagrin of my dad.
- If given a chance, I’d most probably be able to gather the courage to go paragliding or bungee-jumping.
- I am fascinated by twins, triplets, quadruplets etc. I love the fact that you can have another person who is so very similar to you biologically, if not psychologically.
Now I need to choose from my (self proclaimed) brilliant set of posts, 7 posts worthy of being mentioned. Alright then…
- Most Beautiful – ‘Memories‘. I’m very sad to say I’ve never really paid much attention to making my posts beautiful. But I guess the slideshow on this post has such beautiful pictures, it, for me, qualifies as the most beautiful post I’ve blogged.
- Most Helpful – ‘The Adventurous Life I Lead‘. This post qualifies as helpful because it tells you exactly what to expect if you ever try having fish. And that missing items do not always mean you have a multiple personality disorder.
- Most Popular – ‘Can You Ever Actually Move On?‘. I guess it struck a chord with many people.
- Most Controversial – ‘You Just Can’t Hate ‘Em‘. The controversial nature of this post lies in the fact that if and when my relatives ever read this, therewill be some talk. For sure.
- Most Surprisingly Successful – ‘Can You Ever Actually Move On?‘. I didn’t know so many people would be able to empathize, let alone sympathize. The support I got from so many strangers reaffirmed my faith in humanity.
- Most Underrated – ‘Walking in The Rain‘. I think it’s one of the best poems I’ve ever written. Though it’s true I haven’t actually posted too many poems online.
- Most Prideworthy – ‘Where Are The Men?‘. My first post to be hosted on another site. And also, I feel like this post sounds a little more mature than I actually am, which I’m rather chuffed about.
And now, at last, my nominations! I love your blogs guys!
- Alive and Clicking by Nidhi
- Nascent Emissions by Saumya
- Nourish-n-Cherish by Saumya
- The Middlest Sister by Nicole
- Partial View by Priya
- Reflections by Kriti
- The Spinning Arrow by Sahil
Hallelujah. I’m done. Yay!
Candle Lighter Award
Oh my. Two awards in two days. After being given the 7X7 Link Award on 13th January (Friday the 13th is so not unlucky), I was given the Candle Lighter Award the next day. Woohoo!
A huge thank you to Steph from ‘Certainly not lost down under‘. A beautiful blog which explores some wonderful poems. She describes the Candle Lighter Award as “an award for a blog or post that is positive and brings light into the world.”. Do I really need to say how humbled I am that she thinks me worthy of this? I’ll say it all the same. Thank you Steph…this encourages me to continue being myself and hopefully making others chuckle with me.
The Rules are very simple. You can either accept or decline the award. If you accept, you can post the picture and then if you think there are some other blogs which bring brightness and light, pass on the award to them!
Now, the tough part. Blogs which light up my day…
She’s a Maineiac : Hilarious. Always
Mod Podge Rocks : Craft-lover’s heaven
The Bus Stop Sociologist : A lot of her posts strike a chord with me
TheWhyAboutThis : Her posts are always a delight to read.
And I’ll keep adding as I remember a few more :)
Versatile Blogger Award
(January, April 2012)
- Post a picture of the award
- Thank the award giver
- Share 7 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and tell them so
Well points 1 & 2 are done, so on to point 3!
7 Random Facts About Myself
- I’m learning to play the guitar
- I love re-reading my favourite books umpteen number of times, without ever getting bored.
- I’m not a shopaholic.
- I do not like creepy-crawlies
- I like baking because I find it to be an activity with a lot of potential for creativity
- I am going to turn 21 this April
- I am currently LOTR-obsessed (all over again…for the fifth or sixth time).
Now, blogs which are extremely Versatile
‘One Lovely Blog’ Award
This award has no rules as such. You can pass it on to as many people as you want!
I’d like to pass this on to -
Liebster Blog Award
(February, April 2012)
Liebster is German & means ‘dearest’ or ‘beloved’ but it can also mean ‘favourite’ & the idea of the Liebster award is to bring attention to blogs with less than 200 followers all in the spirit of gathering more connections
- Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
- Reveal your top picks for the award and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Post the award on your blog.
- Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the blogsphere – other bloggers.
- And, best of all – have fun and spread the karma.
Now, I really don’t know whether the following bloggers have less than 200 followers or not, but I felt they should get more readers. So, here goes…
Blogcean Grade 3 Award
I am so happy to get this award from the BlOgcean blog! BlOgcean Awards is a new way of congratulating and encouraging achieving Bloggers.
Thank you so much BlOgcean!
Very Inspiring Blogger Award
A big thank you to Simon from ‘On Windy Days’ for giving me this award! I’m glad you think my blog is inspiring, even with the erratic posting and ramblings. Really…thanks!
* Display the award logo on your blog
* Link back to the person who nominated you
* State seven things about yourself
* Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them
* Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements
So I’m done with the first two. Let’s get on with the third…where I force you to read seven things about me whether you want to or not!
- I love art and craft.
- I like watching Rom Coms, Sci-Fi and fantasy movies
- I am a bit of a hoarder.
- I love travelling
- I love Chinese and Italian cuisine.
- I do not like hypocrisy and boasting
- I love Sheldon Cooper!
Now, coming to the last two rules…I’m a bit stuck. Every blog I ever read, gives me inspiration to do something, and I’m not trying to be very nice or anything. It’s the plain truth. If I visit a gardening blog, I feel inspired to tend to my own garden. If I read a craft blog, my brain starts whirring about a new project. If I visit a photography blog, I feel like getting hold of my camera and going somewhere just to take photographs. And even when I visit a personal blog, I am always inspired by the wonderful lives every person lives and the cool things they do.
So, can you truthfully say that every blog you visit, doesn’t inspire you?
Hence, I’m going to do a little rule-breaking here and say that anyone who wishes to, can take this award. This is for all the bloggers out there. Thank you for inspiring me :)